Friday, September 3, 2010

Happy Weekend...

Last weekend we spent a blissful few days with our friends, John and Norma down on their farm in the Ottways. It was cold and wet. Perfect for a weekend getaway!
This is what it looked like outside at 8am on Saturday morning. Ethereal and beautiful.


As the morning wore one, the mist lifted. This is the front garden!


What else does one do but sit in front of the fire, sip bubbly, enjoy the nibbles and chat!

I did actually do something! I knitted a baby jacket called a BSJ or aka a Baby Surprise Jacket. It's a very old pattern developed by a really old lady called Elizabeth Zimmerman. Her design allows you to knit the entire jacket in one piece. Genius! So this is my practise piece. I'll make another one. Change the yarn and needle sizes to see what results I get.
Here's the finished BSJ.

I knitted this little green jumper and hat a while ago, but hadn't sewn on the buttons yet. Now that we know Gen is having a little girl, I decided to go with hot pink buttons! I'm thinking of adding some embroidered flowers as well.

Love this green yarn print.

And this is a cute little vest. The yarn is bamboo! So it's a natural yarn that will breath well in the hot QLD climate.

Stay tuned for more baby stuff.....

No comments:

Post a Comment