Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lazy Sundays....

We had the most beautiful weather this past Sunday. Frans and I felt distinctly lazy and spent most of the day on the front deck reading and watching the world go by. The bees were buzzing and the breeze was soft. Nala couldn't even be tempted to chase the neighbourhood dogs as they passed our front gate. She was as lazy as we were!

We DO love sitting out the front.


I read a little fiction, checked out some new recipes and dreamed of travelling again. And just to make sure I didn't waste an entire day doing nothing, I worked on a new little SBJ (Surprise Baby Jacket) for my little friend Emma's baby. The baby is not here yet, but will be in a few short weeks, so I'd better get a move on and finish this little jumper!


I have finished the little quilt I started last week. Here is a close up. I really like it. It's happy and bright. Perfect for Emma's baby girl.


I made a 'Mommy' bag to match. Somewhere to keep the nappy creams, pins etc..


I also finished a little quilt for my friend Janelle's little granddaughter, Lily Joy. She's not here yet either! But I'm getting a move on. So many babies! So many thinkgs to make! So much fun!

Here is a close up of Lily Joy's quilt. She's going to be a little farm girl. So I chose some lovely reproduction blocks to make up this little quilt.


And this is the back.


As you may or may not know, Frans LOVES biscuits. Especially ANZAC biscuits. Whenever he goes to Safeway, he'll come home with batch of their home baked cookies. This morning he showed me a recipe from one of his shooting magazines. So I thought I'd give them a go.


It was really easy...
This is what they looked like after coming out of the oven and cooling down for a bit.


Can you spot the difference? Safeway on the left, Ami on the right. I know which ones I'd prefer to see in my old biscuit tin......


Mine!


And here's the recipe. -Courtesy of Hunter Magazine. (I doubled it and got out 40 reasonably sized biscuits)

Ingredients:

1 Cup plain flour
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup rolled oats
1 Cup coconut
125g butter or margarine
1 tablespoon golden syrup or treacle
2 tablespoons boiling water
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda

Method:

Mix the first four ingredients in a bowl. Melt butter and golden syrup in a saucepan, add water, then bicarbonate of soda and pour over dry ingredients. Mix well. Roll into small balls (about walnut size) and flatten on oven trays. Leave some room around each biscuit as they will spread a little. Bake at 150deg for 20 mins. Cool on the trays for a few minutes, then remove onto wire racks to cool further.

Tip: If you want crunchy biscuits, then let them cool completely before storing in an airtight container. If you like your biscuits chewy, then place them in an airtight container before they are totally cooled down.

Enjoy with a cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment