Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Knitting Knitting

There's something special about getting news of a new baby coming into the family. So.... I've started knitting. Love knitting little things. Much quicker! So not knowing whether it's going to be a girl or boy, I've opted for bright unconventional colours. No wussy pastels for this baby! The little jumper below is made from beautiful baby wool that my friend Norma had left over from a project she did for one of her little grandkids. Thanks Norma! It's beautiful to knit with. But note to self.... 'concentrate when opening a tin of tomatoes. It's difficult knitting with a bandaide!'


The little green jersey and hat are not quite finished. I'll wait till I know if it's going to be a girl or boy before I finish it off. Bright pink buttons, embroidered flowers perhaps.....

I think next will be something more traditional. Ok, maybe something white. But still no pastels!

No comments:

Post a Comment