Thursday, July 15, 2010

World Cup Fever!


I for one am breathing a sigh of relief that the World Cup Soccer is over! Those early mornings were a real challenge. So Holland made it into the final. This was a great excuse to 'go Dutch'! Sara and Stephen prepared a Dutch party for us. She pulled out every Dutch souvenier that she could find, along with all the cross stitch panels that have been made for us by our Dutch Mum and Aunt. It was orange and blue all the way!


We ate stroopwafels, speculaas and beskuit with chocolate sprinkles. All before 6.30am! Well, the Dutch team didn't win. They played dirty and got plenty of yellow cards. Sara was most dissappointed with the result. Well, it was only a game, but one with really high stakes! Better luck next time!


And here's what is happening in the vegie patch.... not much. I've got a couple of brocoli plants doing quite well.


And a few cauli plants. I hope they finally produce something big enough to eat!


And finally... Yay!! My garlic is sprouting. I planted about 60 cloves on the 24th of June. A few days past the suggested planting deadline. So I'll just harvest them a couple of days later. I'm sure the bulbs won't know the difference. You're supposed to plant your garlic before the longest night of the year, and harvest them just before the shortest night. So role on December.....


This weekend I'm planning to do a major garden clean up. Prepare the beds for Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment